Today I wanted to share my first hand experience with the NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette – Brights. Most of you have a challenge in deciding what palette to choose while there are varied options out there. To reduce that stress, I have put together distinct features of the NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette along with other competitive brands within the same price range.
This popular brand is a subsidiary of the renowned brand – L’Oreal which was founded in Los Angeles in the year 1999. You will be happy to know that NYX Professional Makeup is certified and acknowledged by Peta as a cruelty-free brand and they offer a wide range of vegan-friendly products. ( Source : Wikipedia) The brand is marketed as having a departmental store beauty but sold at drugstore pricing making it an affordable brand.
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette :
The all new NYX palette comes in 6 Ultimate color options
- Smokey & Highlight
- Cool Neutrals
- Warm Neutrals
The current MRP of the Palette is of INR 1725/- and is available on popular sites like Nykaa, Myntra and so on.
Each set features a mix of well pigmented colors that range from mattes and satin to shimmer and metallic. These shadow palettes have a great mix of day and night tones to offer making it a feasible choice when on a budget.
As rainbow tones are trending all over, I was awestruck by this palette and wanted a palette with all the pop – colors I dint already own. I am yet to get better at my make-up skills but I wanted to also have fun, thus went for this palette even after knowing of it’s worth.
To be fair, here are 4 popular brands catering to the same market segment that compete equally well with the former and are of similar price range or less.
L’Oreal Paris Eye Shadow Palette – Berry Much Love & Cherry my Cheri
– Priced at INR 1200 /- for either option of palette
– Inspired by berries and fruit flavors this palette also comes with a scent
– The fruity pinks and purple blends offer a very pop selection for the vibrant eye makeup looks, while the muted nude and brown shades are good enough to get a no-makeup makeup looks.
– All shimmer and no matte shades here, but still well pigmented and the darker shades will blend well with the brights for textures
Overall a nice selection of day to night color of 16 shades
Maybelline New York Lemonade Craze Eye Shadow Palette :
– The brand boast of the palette being a citrus-scented palette featuring 12 saturated, highly-pigmented colors.
– 12 vibrant, pigmented eye shadows in a mix of matte and shimmer shades.
– From wearable neutrals to bold pops of color, this palette offers a great selection for all Indian skin tones
– Priced at INR 1250 for 12 shades of blendable colors seems like great bet, but not too sure if its bold enough
Lakme Absolute Infinity Eyeshadow Palette :
– The range features 4 vibrant and versatile eyeshadow palettes – Soft Nudes, Pink Paradise, Coral Sunset and Midnight Magic
– The brand boasts of 12 piece set has 6 gorgeous mattes and 6 shimmery shades
– If your into experimenting with greens and browns and some pastel pinks and purple shades you can opt for this palette, but I still feel the palette is for select styles.
– Priced at a fair cost of INR 995 /- this palette can be a economical purchase, however one would need two to compensate for the nudes and more neutral shades.
Makeup Revolution Ultra Eye shadow Palette Flawless 4
– The Flawless 4 palette offers 32 versatile mix of shades, from neutrals to warm to smoky.
– For the Price of INR 1950 the palette has a great selection to offer
– lack of bright colors to compensate for the neutral and smokey shimmer shades
– Good buy for a first time purchase of a eye shadow palette as its suits all skin tones and easy to blend
If you are into experimenting, this is a very good palette to go with. Based on many reviews I’ve read, people say the colors don’t pop – up as vibrantly. On the contrary, I am quite happy with the palette. I can darken the shades with a light dab of the brush into some water and gain a more dense color stroke.
The Brights reflect pop colors although there are more such palettes that NYX Ultimate range has in offer. You can buy the neutral or smokey palette to complete the eye shadow collection.
Coming to the MRP, the NYX Ultimate Eye shadow could have been priced more economically. Somewhere between the range of INR 1200 – INR 1500 where as the competition has a much economical price to offer
For a lover of all things BRIGHT. I’m excited to experiment with my new NYX Ultimate Eye shadow Palette.
For more information and details drop your comments below