It’s that time of the year where all my family members are at their best behavior, it’s also that time where my friends are getting married and I’m like Ehhh! It doesn’t end there… It’s also the time for reunions with your friends who you haven’t seen for ages and some whom you hoped not to bump into 😛 Kidding! But yes the most important reason to be excited this season is…. Christmas !!! The thing that I love most about gearing up for Christmas is preparing homemade sweets, not to forget the big fat brunch with family on Christmas Day where I get to gobble a variety of delicious dishes prepared by all the ladies of the family. Yes I enjoy eating to my heart’s content. No wonder it’s my favourite time of the year.
No celebration is complete without the right outfit and the holiday season calls for some outfit ideas. So I have put together a series of looks which will help you with making the best choice for the wedding and Christmas season.
This Christmas I wanted to try something like a page from a fairy tale. So I have for you this very pretty turquoise gown that is simply gorgeous and a unique piece of beauty which reminds me of the movie Frozen. Oh my niece loves Elsa!
The holiday season calls for colors like reds and blacks, but what about those who want to stand out? Well here’s the trick, go for the season’s favourite – long, and classic. My mermaid turquoise dress is very FEMININE and reminds me of a Hollywood diva walking the red carpet. Paired with a shimmering pair of platform heels by Koovs and subtle jewellery, the gown speaks for itself.
The trend of long and bodice works very well on a lean body type, but it can be easily styled on tall curvy body types with a few addition of ruffles or pleats to enhance the look.
The fashion week – Paris 2018 spring collection clearly had some unique gowns that you need to check out to get a clearer picture on the trends to follow. I for one love the long gowns that were featured especially the ruffled fish-tail maxis, sheer long gowns and shiny metallic couture giving you red carpet vibes at weddings and other such occasions.
So for this wedding and holiday season, I chose this very subtle turquoise color among the many dresses I own and have put together tips on how I enjoyed styling this beauty.
- To stand out from a crowd I didn’t want to pick anything ordinary, so decided to go for a color that is unique and carries embellished with embroidery like this one. Sequence being the trend of the season made this an even easier choice.
- This sheer green dress with a pink lining creates a different look for the day and night. It also changes color in room light & outdoors making it a classic ensemble for many occasions to come. I love to buy clothes that last beyond trends and this one is spot on.
- This is me investing in a lil’ fairytale and as it’s said “dress the part”, I decided to go for it and with the confidence of a princess. 🙂
- This lovely piece draws attention to your body shape and shoulders. With a bold dress designed with such perfection, you will swoon the crowd for sure
- For shoes I chose the silver sandals for a comfortable walk, purchased a while back on koovs.com. I would recommend a few inches of heels when wearing such a gown.
- Lastly I didn’t want to go overboard with my makeup and jewellery, thus kept it as natural as possible. For the nights, a dark lipstick would be just right but during the day I would stick to a color close to my skin and matching with the dress.
Where did I score this lovely ensemble ?
Many of you in Goa want to know where I picked this pretty gown from so here goes…
This particular beauty is a pick from a local shop in Goa – Aneri based in central Panjim near Azaad Maidan. A simple store run by a middle aged couple and mostly known for their Indian wear. My window shopping experiment had turned into a shopping spree after looking through their collection. Known for their bead work and embroidery on the dresses and the single pieces they stock, A mere 2500INR for this beauty is not that big an investment. We all know how expensive it is to stitch a unique design of our choice nowadays. With a minor alteration this dress was just the fit I wanted.
Can I find something similar?
If you too are thinking of a similar gown to wear at the next wedding or to steal hearts at the Christmas Ball then I have a few of my favourite styles shared below, have fun and tell me what you think.
Here are a few examples of dresses similar to mine available at stores near you.
- Embroidery is trending all over this fall season and to have heads turning, I suggest this very Alice in wonderland kind of Look by JC Collection available on Jabong.com
- If you have not invested in a sheer gown yet then here’s your chance … All About You is available on Jabong at a great discount on this lovely subtle sheer, one shoulder dress with gradient of copper. A very versatile formal party dress.
- Also this lovely trendy embellished overlay mesh dress by Koovs is feminine and like a dream, available in two colors , baby pink and light blue
- As you all know, Zara is now online..many of you who love the look of a black dress for the party season. If your going black this festive season can opt for this Beautiful Piece available at a zara store near you or online available in 2 styles on the site
I hope this article was a fun read and do share your feedback below.
Photographs by Rahul Prabhu